Tuesday, December 27, 2011

WHAT'S IN A STORY????

The world is filled up with daily doses of sadness. Everyone wants to express their feelings and everyone wants to be heard and understood, and where possible, they want it to be put to use. I cannot tell you, dear readers, how much I hate writing about  such sadness, and in any case, there are other people that write about it. And they are so many. But the truth is there are so many sad stories that we don't get to hear or read about, like, take for instance, earlier on this evening my 2 year old, tripped and fell. I was trying to get her dressed and she was trying to run away with the trousers still at her ankles so she tripped over and fell flat on her tummy! As she began to cry, I scolded her for not staying still! ( I did tell her to stand still!). That's a sad story that you didn't know, right?

Her feelings included; pain, fear, sadness and neglect. She expressed them through crying. I heard but I pretended not to understand and I didn't put it to use. Yes, I know I was wrong and there was no reason why I couldn't have picked her up, cuddled her and requested she stop crying! But you know what? Next time I will put it to use. How? I'll sit her down while dressing her or place her on the bed where it's soft and I know she won't be bothered to move till I'm through. I also believe that she will put her own lesson to use. How? I have no idea, but I bet she does!

What I'm trying to say is, everyone struggles day in, day out with their own little problems and if they can't, won't or don't find solutions to them, it grows and spreads until each person in that house is affected with a piece or portion of that persons once simple problem. It then becomes compounded and complicated and that person takes his/her frustration and/or anger out of that house to the public, and the rest is what we see today. Suicide bombers, genocidal bombers, murder bombers, and all the classes and categories of bombers!!!

I deeply regret that I didn't comfort her. That was the only thing she needed from me at that time. :(

Please whenever and wherever you can, don't leave anyone you love or care for, family or not, with a painful or sad feeling in them. Try as much as possible to resolve it. who knows, you might be the reason, they decide to be humane in their actions and words and thoughts. Everyone looks for someone, anyone at all they can immitate, but noone is ready to be positive not because they can't but because they are also searching for someone to make a difference in their lives, in their world.

Don't save the world, save the person next to you. Check on your neighbour, call that distant cousin of yours', send a text to that friend's number you have in your mobile but have never called. It takes only time which I must say we are quickly running out of! Hug that little child near you, I'm going to hug my daughter and kiss her right now as I leave you with this final message: Love your neighbour as yourself!

4 comments:

  1. WHAT I BELIEVE.
    "The world is filled up with daily doses of sadness."
    Even a happy life cannot be without a measure of darkness, and the word "happy" would lose its meaning if it is not balanced by sadness.
    "Everyone wants to express their feelings and everyone wants to be heard and understood"I really believe that all of us have a lot of darkness in our souls. Anger, rage, fear, sadness, so to hear others will be like overload for you.
    "Please whenever and wherever you can, don't leave anyone you love or care for, family or not, with a painful or sad feeling in them"
    Yes!!


    Kizito

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Try as much as possible to resolve it"
    what if it is the problem you can not resolve?


    Kizito

    ReplyDelete
  3. there is no problem without a solution. sometimes the solution is just way, beyond our reach and sometimes we are so blinded by the solution staring us in the face that we forget to solve the smaller problems before we can get to the solution we desire to reach.
    God does not give a man more than he can handle.

    ReplyDelete