Saturday, May 13, 2017

EID AND FAMILY

Since 2003, I have spent Eid (both Fitr and Adha) with in-laws and yes, they are family through my sister. The best family anyone could ever ask for. 2008 Eids were spent in my matrimonial home but from 2009-2012 I spent my Eids with the very, very especially best person who has ever happened to me, my daughter, Aisha. And right now, I am all smiles and wondering why she had to grow up so fast for we had so much fun with her as a toddler. Eid-el-Fitr 2015 coincided with her 6th birthday and I spent that very beautiful day with her and her family and also with my favourite family in Kaduna. Got to attend Eid prahere with them. Twas mighty fun! Eids with my Maama were also from 2010-2012, if  I am not mistaken, Eid-el-Fitr 2013 I was struggling with my drug dependence problem, probably the time I decided I needed help because I so did not have any fun, was with one of my closest friend and her family.

I love family. I love the idea of family. I love the reality of family. A family to belong to is definitely one of Allah's greatest gifts to all living things. Even if it is a broken, disjointed and embarrassing family, we should still love, cherish and honor every single member of the family. Most times it is hard, I know, no need to sigh so deeply...all families have their black sheep, closet of skeleton, et cetera, et cetera but the best are those who despite all that still keep it together with effort from each member.

Just of recent, members of my paternal family; cousins, contacted me and it was (still is) a pleasant shock (haven't recovered). Maybe one day I'll spend Eid with them. Moving on, 2016 Eid elFitr I was sick and receiving IV fluids at home, alone. Eid el Adha seems to be eluding me, I can't recall where exactly or with whom exactly but I'm thinking it was with one of my closest friend who also lives nearby me. 2017 both Eid in Kano with my one of my longest time and closests girlfriends. Same friend as 2016.

This year, 2018, Eid elFitr was spent at home. It was quiet, gloomy and miserable. I do not like being alone on special occasions even if I be sometimes feeling left out or do not belong, I still like the feeling of being in a loving family get-together. The joyous noise of the kids, parents catching up, teenagers having fun with their friends and getting to visit or be visited. It calms my soul and makes my heart yearn more to be with my own family especially my daughter and mother.

Eid el Adha! Again, with my favourite family in Kaduna and again I feel so loved, appreciated and wanted. We missed the Eid closest to the house so we went to another which took place in Kaduna Capital School. It was beautiful, peaceful, harmonious, the participants were organised and we'll mannered. Alhamdulillah, I really loved and enjoyed the occasion.

We got back home 9:35am had food and set out to greet the Grandma. Returned to delicious roast chicken, grilled potates and a personal cheesecake for me...yummay as all @theculinaryarchitect s foods are. We slept, woke up, ate some more and watched movies. 

Friends who have become family are special and Godsent and we must hold them dear. More often than not, they turn up when and where our family are supposed to.

Eid is family and family is Eid so I believe next Eid, if Allah spares our lives I will be with the people I love the most who love me just as much and more. In shaa Allah. Ameen. 

Eid Mubarak and Taqqabal Allah minna w minkum. Ameen *palms raised to sky*

No comments:

Post a Comment